Search the forum,

Discuss Mapei ultra colour plus ...how to use. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Hi..Here a couple charts on how to mix and use mapei ultra colour plus grouts....Thanks to fiona @ mapei for letting me have use of them..

Attachments

• UPLUSMIXGUIDEPG1.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 916
  • UPLUSMIXGUIDEPG2.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 597
B

brian c

In addition,if there is a Mapei rep doing demos at a local tile shop then its worth going along to.:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

I've only used it a couple of times due to availibility, but it's probably the best grout I've used:thumbsup:

A

aditik

I have not try still. I will try soon in my new project.
thanks for the infomation about ultra colour plus

M

MarkyD

Having used this grout for the first time last night I'm not to sure how 'stiff/dry' the mix should be. I mixed a small amount to the above directions and ratio (1kg to 200mls water) as I'm not the fastest grouter and didn't want to waste a whole bag but the mix looked very dry ie lumpy

What consistancy should the mix have ie if left should it stay in a lump or should it start to slump and flow in the bucket?

TIA

--
Mark

J

jimbob

As long as you put the recommended amount of water in and followed the instructions you should be spot on :thumbsup:

I think I put about 210ml of water in for each kg when I did it - it was quite stiffish, but not lumpy. How are you mixing it? I bought a cheap paint whisk attachment for a fiver and used a cordless drill and it ended up smooth. If you have lumps, maybe you're not mixing it well enough??

M

MarkyD

Jimbob

Thanks for repling. I'm mixing with a cordless and one of those adhesive heliciol attachments. The mix is smooth untill I put the last bit of grout in (100g or so) then it started to clump. Even leaving it for 2 -3 mins and then mixing again didn't seem to smooth it out

From previous home grouting experience (stuff from B & Q) the mix seemed to flow more whereas this mix has the consistency of cold magerine which needed quite a bit of pushing to get into the grout lines.

I'll try the next lot tonight with a little more water and see how I get on :D

--
Mark

J

jimbob

If you are putting all in except 100g, maybe you are putting too much in for the first mix. I was putting in about half (500g) first, mixing well, then put second half in, mix well again, leave 2-3 mins and one more quick mix before ready :thumbsup:

Reply to Mapei ultra colour plus ...how to use. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen