Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Mapei UCP grout.... in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Used this for the first time in a while and noticed it was quite gritty, turned out ok though. Anybody know if it's now produced as a more coarse grout?

I

Ian

I've used anthracite recently and agree with you John, it is definitely more course than I remember it being.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yep anthracite is what I used today, when I was mixing it I noticed it was gritty and checked the bag to see if I had picked up the correct one.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Be careful, wash down as many times as needed to get rid of the dry dust. I did a last polish with a dry duster and after 5 minutes I started to breath really short. Ended up in a & e, it subsided after about 6 hours. And was an allergic reaction (not had this from other grouts).

I

Ian

The light was catching the sand/aggregate that's mixed into it, which made it look like it had glitter in it. Only when I was close up to it, it dried spot on though and was a consistent colour.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The light was catching the sand/aggregate that's mixed into it, which made it look like it had glitter in it. Only when I was close up to it, it dried spot on though and was a consistent colour.

It was drying as quick as i was grouting today, kitchen floor with big french doors letting sun directly onto it. Never noticed the sparkle but it dried consistent colour.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I used light grey last night in a cloakroom. 111. I asked the builder to supply Mapei after a good first time experience the other day. I found the biege to be smooth as butter yet last night the grey was a little coarse. But as youve both said colour was spot on.

D

DHTiling

The UCP is the coarser of their grouts... wide joint capabilities... if you want a smoother mapei then try FF it comes in the same colours ..

I tend to use the weber one or tilemaster now... but do on the odd occasion use UCP .. take each job as it comes and the grout colour required.

Reply to Mapei UCP grout.... in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks