Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for advice regarding decoupling matting in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I'm after some advice with regard large format Tiles with water fed underfloor heating.
I'm about to lay 100m2 of plank style (1500mm x 240mm) on chipboard floorboards with integrated underfloor heating.
I was planning on using Durabase C1++ decoupling matting but saw that it may not be suitable for large format Tiles and their website doesn't say if its suitable for underfloor heating.
Does anyone know if its OK to use or if I need to upgrade to ditra matting although they seem to have the same properties.
Thanks for your time, Gav.

Reaction score
Use cement board.I wouldn’t use matting on timber of any type as it only covers lateral movement. And timber can expand in all directions.
Hi Anthony. Thanks for your advice.
Don't I need to screw the cement board down though ? Or can it just be fixed on a 3mm notched bed of tile adhesive?
Don't want to risk screwing into floor into the wet underfloor hearing. Cheers Gav.

Reply to Looking for advice regarding decoupling matting in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen