Discuss Large floor tiles - what trowel in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I’m fitting some large floor tiles next week. 1000 x 1000 mm over electric underfloor heating. These are the largest tiles I have fitted before. My plan is to use a 20 x 10 mm round notched solid bed trowel along with back buttering. I believe this is a good approach but any advice greatly appreciated.

D

Dumbo

I probably the weediest bloke on this forum and I did some 1000 x1000 on my own ( mainly because nobody likes me ) and it wasn't to bad apart from two awkward lifts . I just drop in one side then lower towards myself

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I probably the weediest bloke on this forum and I did some 1000 x1000 on my own ( mainly because nobody likes me ) and it wasn't to bad apart from two awkward lifts . I just drop in one side then lower towards myself

Lol. What size trowel did you use 😀

Reply to Large floor tiles - what trowel in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22