Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Kitchen photos in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

heathmount

Well I'm most of the way through my kitchen floor and thought I'd stick a couple of photos up (grouting and skirting still to go on). Thanks to everyone on here who's answered my questions over the last couple of months - you've made a novice tiler very happy.

School boy error #1. Mistakenly buying rapid set adhesive. I could only lay about 4 tiles before it started to go off in the bucket and then had to clean everything out and mix up some more. My arm feels like it's going to fall off.

A couple of tiles have a bit if lippage but nothing too bad and overall I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Once I'm done with the floor I've got walls with window reveals and trim to do so no doubt I'll have more questions!

Cheers everyone - great site.

Attachments

• After4.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 82
  • After5.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 79
M

Mike

Well I'm most of the way through my kitchen floor and thought I'd stick a couple of photos up (grouting and skirting still to go on). Thanks to everyone on here who's answered my questions over the last couple of months - you've made a novice tiler very happy.
School boy error #1. Mistakenly buying rapid set adhesive. I could only lay about 4 tiles before it started to go off in the bucket and then had to clean everything out and mix up some more. My arm feels like it's going to fall off.
A couple of tiles have a bit if lippage but nothing too bad and overall I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Once I'm done with the floor I've got walls with window reveals and trim to do so no doubt I'll have more questions!
Cheers everyone - great site.
looks good mate but are the kitchen tiles not the same as the hallway tiles? could you not have continued from the hallway as one? not skitting the job just may have looked better if possible to do it that way :thumbsup:

D

david campbell

looks good mate for a first time,:thumbsup::8:i noticed the above post and if i'm not mistaken it looks like your tiles are actually lining up with tha hallway?am i right or have you set this out or camera trick:smilewinkgrin:
why not do a bit of dry laying then use the rapid set?

M

Mike

looks good mate for a first time,:thumbsup::8:i noticed the above post and if i'm not mistaken it looks like your tiles are actually lining up with tha hallway?am i right or have you set this out or camera trick:smilewinkgrin:
why not do a bit of dry laying then use the rapid set?
you'd have to be real good (or lucky) for them to line up from that distance! i dont think anyone would even attempt that ( or need to)

M

Mike

a couple of string lines and it wouldn't be that hard :smilewinkgrin:
to get accuracy to within a mill or 2 in 4/5 metres would be very hard. i would just continue out from the hall and into the kitchen. piece of cake then and dead accurate

H

heathmount

Thanks for the replies guys.

The tiles in the hallway at the back of the picture are actually the old ones that haven't been lifted yet. The bathroom is round there as well and it needs gutting, old tiles lfted, floor levelled out and eventually the same tiles will flow into the whole area. I laid out with that area in mind so when I'm ready to carry on it should all be okay (fingers crossed!)

M

Mike

Thanks for the replies guys.

The tiles in the hallway at the back of the picture are actually the old ones that haven't been lifted yet. The bathroom is round there as well and it needs gutting, old tiles lfted, floor levelled out and eventually the same tiles will flow into the whole area. I laid out with that area in mind so when I'm ready to carry on it should all be okay (fingers crossed!)
Nice one, looks good and as i said earlier, i wasn't skitting:thumbsup:

Reply to Kitchen photos in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks