Discuss It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

Waluigi

I think he meant the shaped bit. I have some of those finger bits. That reminds me, I must test those.

O

Old Mod

I should point out, I’m not talking about ats bits, I have the montolit 20mm one.
I’ve tried every conceivable way of using it, and still can’t get a perfect finish.
And I think for a bit that retails at just short of a £100, it’s a pretty poor show.

W

Waluigi

We talking about the diamond brazed finger bits?

I just tested mine.

I just plunged it straight into a Porc tile, it went straight through in about 15 seconds and made its own hole. Quietly impressed!

5672C267-1FD6-4BE6-885A-A7E62ADC928D.jpeg

B00EB26B-149D-481D-94E4-05AB4B32CE85.jpeg

F

Flintstone

I have a finger bit, about 20mm ish, it’s actually genesis i beleive, it’s harsh on porcelain like an m14 hole cutter but does a good job on stone. Whilst we’re on the subject, I got a 7mm wax filled bit from ats, which is to be used dry in the drill and I’m impressed with it, it’s done me quite a few holes, full speed with a decent drill

I

Italy

I should point out, I’m not talking about ats bits, I have the montolit 20mm one.
I’ve tried every conceivable way of using it, and still can’t get a perfect finish.
And I think for a bit that retails at just short of a £100, it’s a pretty poor show.
yes, I confirm marc, mine when it was new was fine, a few chips, but now many more
But in Italy it costs € 59 and my work still after 3 or 4 years.
So the solution I tried to have no chips is this.
example of a 30mm hole.
mark the 30mm circle with a pencil, drill with 25mm bits,
use the tapered countersink up to the mark of the pencil.
clean the hole with 20mm of £ 100 without getting to the glaze.
I know it's a long job but it's the only solution I've found.
I guarantee that the conics do not make chips.
hqdefault.jpg

I

Italy

yes, I confirm marc, mine when it was new was fine, a few chips, but now many more
But in Italy it costs € 59 and my work still after 3 or 4 years.
So the solution I tried to have no chips is this.
example of a 30mm hole.
mark the 30mm circle with a pencil, drill with 25mm bits,
use the tapered countersink up to the mark of the pencil.
clean the hole with 20mm of £ 100 without getting to the glaze.
I know it's a long job but it's the only solution I've found.
I guarantee that the conics do not make chips.
hqdefault.jpg
now just ask for my tricks,
otherwise I remain without a job. cazzo...

Reply to It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks