Search the forum,

Discuss Is the slow down affecting you.?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Back to the thread then...

Father in-law just been finished from wimpeys!!!....first time he has been out of work....

How is everybody else doin..OK i hope...?

F

French tiler 4U

I think, I will go to prostitute for rich old women :yes::grin: Now it's terrible, if I don't have job next 2 weeks i'm gone to france or germany for work .:huh2:
If guys looking for nice fixer contact me.

D

Deleted member 1779

YES: Trade Show INTERBUILD is very quiet. Footfall is down massively this year.

Last year it was ram jammed with builders and installers etc. This year the isles are empty...

S

SR Tiling

Its terrible at the moment. Been Tiling for 11 years, Got all my NVq`s, Worked on practically everything including showrooms etc, Done a bit of teaching and at the moment cant find work for love nor money, Private work Is practically dead as nobody is having new kitchens, bathrooms etc. Newbuilds practically dead aswell and no companys at all seem to taking anyone on (Quite understandable). In my local tile shops there must be 60 different cards on the counter (not sure how many of those are qualified time served tilers though). In my opinion its not just the credit crunch whats afected it, its also the amount have people who have thought "tiling will be a nice easy job that i can learn to do on a 3 week course and earn loads of money" Its not so long ago i had to turn down more work than i could take on.

Steve

C

charlie1

Dont want to be doom and gloom mearchant but this situation is going to get worse than many of you can imagine.

If you think its not affecting me and it wont really get that bad you are living in false hope. The reason you are not really felling it yet is because we (working class) are at the end of the cycle and will be the last to feel it. The banks are at the start and are a total mess and we have a while to go before we are really in to it yet.

From this point on we are now starting to feel it and it is going to continue to get worse for the next 4 yrs untill it gets better.

Your home is now worth less than last year but the good news is it is worth a great deal more than iot will be 2 yrs from now, Believe me!!

If you have any debt get it paid now as you will be first to feel the pinch.

If you ahve any savings use them to pay your debt.:yes:

Do not pretend this is not going to happen and everything will be fine because it will and it will affect everyone who reads this post wether you like it or not.

As i say, i do not wish to spread doom and gloom and have wondered if i should even post this message or not as I do not want to put the shi**ers up any one wishing to start fresh. This is not the time IMO.

Get rid of yer debt now:thumbsup:

Please dont read this and feel I am D&G mearchant its only my opinion.:thumbsup:
Take it or leave it.

L

LM Ceramics

cheers charlie u p*ssed on my fireworks there jokin aside hes right i can see it gettin alot worse at the moment im turnin work away im fully booked but for how long who knows im always on my toes lookin for new work just incase the kitchen firm im doin alot of work for have had 4 tilers in last week askin for work and they are cheaper than me they like me but if it gets worse they could turn round and say business is business you must keep ur options open

B

brian c

Mark you are a d and g merchant,thanks for ruining my night.:mad2:(only joking)

I agree with most of what you have said and it is definetly not the time to start up a business ...imo..especially if working class.

On the other hand its good for people who do have money as they can buy properties at reduced rates and sit in them before the financial crisis ends then sell them at a good profit.

D

doug boardley

Have just cracked open a can,now I think I'll put some "Smiths" on to cheer up!!:lol:

R

rossy

every time i go out get talking to someone who as just been laid off from work at first was mainly building trades but is happening in all buisnesses now not looking good...

Reply to Is the slow down affecting you.?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen