Search the forum,

Discuss Is it ok to leave SBR slurry to set before tiling...?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

John the tile

I just want to know after ive brushed it on how long should i leave it before tiling,....

Will it be ok to let it set and dry for a few hours.?

Thanks

J

John the tile

Concrete floor with some unremovable bitumen..

Ive just spoke to a mapei tech guy who says its best to lay some mapei 2 part latex plan before tiling. He did also say the bitumen MUST come off, (ive got alot of it off - no loose stuff left)...

He says to use mapei eco prime first, but the stuff is well expensive.......

So will the sbr slurry be ok on top of the substrate prior to the latex plan ?

Thanks

J

John the tile

No. the latex was to be used prior to tiling because of the remains of bitumen on the floor, .....

Im sure the tech guy said if you have to tile onto bitumen its best to use a latex product because of its flexibility or Ive read it on here somewhere, before tiling.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
if i have to tile to bitumed residue that will not come off i use the slurry coat

i wouldnt buy latexplan

i use flexi addy too

H

hillhead

The slurry should be enough if there is sand in it or a bit of adhesive and the floor is level.
I have a floor on next week with stubborn bitumen on it too.
I'm going to slurry it and let it harden up before tiling it.

J

John the tile

just wanted to run past you a scenario of the floor needing levelling? same as above though, with regards to the bitumen. Sbr slurry/cement.

would you let it go tacky before laying some slc down rather than letting it go hard?.

Ta

Reply to Is it ok to leave SBR slurry to set before tiling...?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen