Search the forum,

Discuss I am tiling the floor but they have another tiler for the walls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

That job i am on at the moment will be having wall tiling over the weekend done by a friend of the home owner, apparently FOC. No problem on my account there but seeing as i have tiled a floor and the wall tiles are the same and i needed my Rubi 250 wet cutter to cut them ( Heavy porcelain). I am wondering how this tiler doing the walls will get on. from what i gather he doesnt drive and is quite elderly.
Now my Rubi is all set up and i am wondering if when he finds out how hard they are, will he ask to use my machine? Will i let him? Would you?
I may be thinking all these things without good reason but seeing as i will be working in the same house all weekend, i feel it could prove interesting one way or the other.
I am assumming he hasnt seen the tiles yet or the plastered walls ( yeah pretty bad).

E

enduro

That's a difficult one mate, depends how you get on with the customer and how much work you will get from the job. Only you cant decide on this one. :thumbsup:

B

basshunter

difficult one-if you say anything it may be taken as rude towards the other chap.I would not let anyone use my kit-i may need it in the future!

G

Gazzer

Well its my belief that you dont lend or borrow tools. I have paid big bucks for the tools so i feel he should too.
If you look at it this way though, I wasnt going to be working the weekend so my tools would not have been there and then he couldnt have used them anyway.
I am quite looking forward to seeing him at work, I really dont think he knows what he has let him self in for.

B

basshunter

reminds me of my first porcelain job.just couldnt understand why they wouldnt cut!!!:lol: spent a lot of money on kit that day

E

enduro

Dont judge a book by its cover mate, the reason he dosent drive is that he runs every where, and he has tungsten false teeth and he bites the tiles...lol :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

If he damages your cutter whos going to pay, I don't lend or borrow tools certainly not to someone who may not have the knowledge on how to use them, Not saying the other fella dos'nt. Thats through experience and it's allways cost me money.

S

smartile

nevermind damaging the cutter! wot if he damages himself not being trained or familiar with the machine...does your insurance cover you for amputations???...

V

Varley

Well there is no way I would be lending my tools out to someone I don't know, but that is just my opnion mate. Could be more hassle than it's worth.

G

grumpygrouter

I wouldn't allow him to use them. Firstly, there may be insurance issues, secondly, there is wear and tear on your machine - a cost that needs to be accounted for in your business accounts! Also the cost of teaching him out to use it and more than likely, supervison. Time is money!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to I am tiling the floor but they have another tiler for the walls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen