Search the forum,

Discuss Hot Water Under Floor Heating On A Sand Cement Screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Yep.. ditra is great for UFH.....because it isolates the two surfaces thus less chance of debonding due to expansion.....

W

White Room

Adhesive, ditra, adhesive and then tiles. It'll cost a fortune in heating a floor, cheaper to get a pair of slippers:lol:

F

Fekin

Interesting thread :thumbsup:

All these soft buggers with ufh.. whats wrong with goold old slippers :lol:

L

lm tiles

Thanks for all the help guys ..I have only tiled on top of electric at heating so thought i had better ask as i keep saying this site is worth its weight in gold anyone who does'nt ask ,does'nt learn . I think this lady thinks i'm trying to put the job off till after Christmas i'll show her a print off of these answers and that should at least back me up .

G

GazTech

Thanks for all the help guys ..I have only tiled on top of electric at heating so thought i had better ask as i keep saying this site is worth its weight in gold anyone who does'nt ask ,does'nt learn . I think this lady thinks i'm trying to put the job off till after Christmas i'll show her a print off of these answers and that should at least back me up .
good thinking mate
icon14.gif

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bumping some threads in the underfloor heating forum. You can now find and search for both electric underfloor heating and water underfloor heating threads. By the way, if you feel some of the threads you want to be seen at the top of the forum need to be bumped back, for the next month or so from now, feel free to do that. Although it's not usually something we allow, whilst we're going through this process of changing over forum software, we see the need for this to happen.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
its about that..but the average screed is 30 days or so..but there are products that can be used to tile onto screeds as soon as they can be walked on..Like ditra mat.. it is a vapour equalising membrane and great for fastrack installations...and bal do a green-screed adhesive..........

Would mapetex also be fine? Also if you are using a product to fastrack tile installation over wet UFH how does that work when the ufh needs commissioning prior to tiling? Does the screed not have to still dry out naturally prior to commissioning or does a membrane mean you can commission earlier?

O

One Day

Would mapetex also be fine? Also if you are using a product to fastrack tile installation over wet UFH how does that work when the ufh needs commissioning prior to tiling? Does the screed not have to still dry out naturally prior to commissioning or does a membrane mean you can commission earlier?
very old thread but seeing as you asked.... I believe only ditra is suitable for use over uncommissioned ufh. others require commissioned floors. Ditra is hands down the best uncoupling membrane there is. Everything else is a lesser copy at best or repackaged roofing membrane at worst.

O

Old Mod

I believe you can turn UFH on after 3 weeks Nick,
And if I'm wrong, hopefully someone will correct me.

Reply to Hot Water Under Floor Heating On A Sand Cement Screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen