Search the forum,

Discuss Homelux Waterproof Membrane to use or not to use?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MWB

I have been persuaded into purchasing Homelux Waterpfoof Matting to go behind the stone tiles in my shower cubical. Before using I wonder if anyone is able to give advice on weather this is a good product or am I wasting my money?? I can return it so any help would be appreciated.

G

Gazzer

The product may be suitable but when i asked prices i found Kerdi was a cheaper price ( available from CTD)

D

DHTiling

I have used the homelux wall mat and it is fine to use......and beleive or not neale...it is actually cheaper than the kerdi one.......but only down side is that you have to buy a 5mtr roll and not by the mtr like kerdi......but to answer your question..YES it is OK...........:thumbsup:

p.s.

welcome to the forums.............

M

MWB

Thanks I will have a look arround. Do you think it is worth using in whatever form?? Or is a quality adhesive and grout just as good a solution?

D

DHTiling

Hi...use a rapid setting adhesive to put the mat on the wall with.....this will make it a quicker process to start tiling...........I would recommend a single part flexible white adhesive to tile with and a floor grade flexible grout..i think floor grouts give a better finish to stone....but that's just my opinion some have there own favourites........
But i do recommend at least you use the mat or some sort of tanking in a shower cubicle.........good luck.......

Reply to Homelux Waterproof Membrane to use or not to use?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I’m new to the tiling scene. As a camp ranger I take care of a property in Massachusetts...
Replies
Views
Hi, A newcomer here and thank you to anyone with the patience to read my drivel. I am...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I need some advice please. I recently had a contractor in to remodel my bathroom...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen