Search the forum,

Discuss Helping DIY tilers setting out!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

I have been laying a limestone floor this week for a really nice couple who i have down loads of work for on various properties they own. And on Thursday the guy asked me if he could have ago at tiling, he had a small bathroom wall to do, so i set it all out for him showed him how to cut, and fix the tiles, and he was as happy as a pig in **** all day, and he didn't make a bad job, anyway last night as i was leaving he gave me £50, for setting it out and showing him what to do...He wont do it for a living as he is minted, but he was so chuffed that he had ago. Anyway this got me thinking, with the way things are with the recession, bank holiday soon and all the DIY people wanting to save a bit of money and have ago at tiling for themselves, why not offer a setting out service and basic how to fix tiles...I know your all going to say 'NO BLOODY WAY IF THEY WONT USE ME LET THEM SCREW IT UP'' but you wouldn't of got the job anyway as the wanted to do it themselves, and if you haven't got any work and bills to pay could help bring a bit of extra cash home...And also they might decide the cant do it and call you back, plus you could sell them the right adhesive, grout etc and make a few quid there aswell....:thumbsup:

M

mikethetile

thats thinking out of the box enduro

i like it

no doubt some wont

but thats something to think about

C

cornish_crofter

I get asked for advice quite a lot.

Recently, one guy, who I've done work for before, ripped his old dry lining off his bedroom wall to get to the route of some damp. TBH the wall was a mess before he started.

He then phoned me up and asked if I could take a look at something. He uncovered an old timber lintel above his window opening that was severely rotten. I couldn't repair it in time for his new windows to be fitted, so I advised him as to the best approach, and set up a discount for him at the merchants for the lintels.

He tells me he managed to do the job and he's asked me to renew the dry lining on his now dry wall.:hurray:

Reply to Helping DIY tilers setting out!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen