Search the forum,

Discuss Help Solve Pricing Issues - What can you charge for this...? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I was always aware of the fact that the price charged for tiling per square meter was dependent on the area you work/live in. I just never knew it was so different.

So to make sure that you guys are not charging too little and competing with the wrong, tilers I thought I'd ask you guys for a quote. :) Yay!

Okay a few things first. I don't really want this tiling work doing, this is just to find some information about what you're charging and to make you aware of some basic terms to follow or improve on.
  • I have a nice fairly square floor that's concrete and is 5 meters in length and 3 meters wide.
  • The tiles are 300 x 300 ceramics that are not really textured and the floor is flat.
  • There's one door to cut to and the other patio doors are not a problem due to the door frame starting a little higher than the floor finish level.
  • I'm in no rush for the job and I want to pay cash.
  • I want you to supply adhesive (assuming you would be using whatever local adhesives if this was real meaning the quote is a little more accurate to your area).
  • For those that are newer, imagine you're tiling at a fair speed as if you had gained some experience but don't be too optimistic.
  • For those that are cutting prices due to demand, imagine you are busyer than currently.
Give us a price and let us know what area you are talking about.

D

DHTiling

To tile i would charge £430.00 inc of materials... my area is north east..........

D

Deleted member 15

£430, you just wouldn't get that money were iam, £300 inc mats 1 day to complete

Last edited by a moderator:
A

alberttrotter1

About £350 - As long as theres nothing fancy required. Im in the south east essex.

I

IvegotsTILE

£420 all in and they can think themselves lucky to have such a clean,pleasant,trustworthy,handsome,friendly and professional tiler:wink_smile:

Reply to Help Solve Pricing Issues - What can you charge for this...? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen