Search the forum,

Discuss Hello, I'm looking for some advise on concrete screed floor in wet room. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dominic Evans

Hello folks,
New to the site, just introduced myself, what a fantastic site it is and love to see people helping others, well done.
I'm tiling a wet room next week, the only thing different is the contractor has supplied homelux membrane. I'm used to the wet kits like wp1 or Palace / Mapei.
I'm not worried about it, but would like to know if it's suitable over a concrete screed substrate, with former, and backer boards with ufh mat on top. I am a little restricted for height around drainage, but would love some advice from someone who has used said product or similar.
Kind Regards
Dom x

D

Dumbo

I have used it on ply strengthened timber before with ufh more years ago than I care too remember . I'm presuming it is OK as I've never had a call back

D

Dominic Evans

I have used it on ply strengthened timber before with ufh more years ago than I care too remember . I'm presuming it is OK as I've never had a call back
Thanks for that mate. I'm sure it's OK just wanted some reassurances. Cheers

S

SJPurdy

just follow the manufacturer's instructions; paying particular care to the corners and overlaps; use appropriate good quality adhesives and it should be fine.

T

Time's Ran Out

Where do the backer boards come in?
Any extra height should help for drainage!

Reply to Hello, I'm looking for some advise on concrete screed floor in wet room. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen