Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Heavy tiles onto moisture resistant board? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DIY Rich

Hi.
I have 400mm x 400mm x 9mm porcelain tiles which I want to put up in our bathroom which is just a shell at the minute as I am starting over from scratch. I have read several threads on here and from these, I think I have a fair idea of what I need to do. I have started knocking the plaster off the walls back to brick (1950's house) and am thinking that I will have to board it out prior to tiling. I have some gyproc moisture resistant board which I was planning to fix to the walls using batons and then to tile straight over them. I have Vistelle panels to go in the shower which I was also going to fix directly to the boards. I was going to use some mapei adhesive which I haven't used before as I have only used ready mixed adhesive before. Does my plan sound sensible or is there any advice that you can offer me which would be a better way of doing it?
Many thanks,
Rich

T

Time's Ran Out

I'd take the opportunity of using a fully waterproof board such as Wedi.
Gyproc boards unplastered will take 32 kg weight per metre.

Reply to Heavy tiles onto moisture resistant board? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks