Search the forum,

Discuss Heavy tiles onto moisture resistant board? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DIY Rich

Hi.
I have 400mm x 400mm x 9mm porcelain tiles which I want to put up in our bathroom which is just a shell at the minute as I am starting over from scratch. I have read several threads on here and from these, I think I have a fair idea of what I need to do. I have started knocking the plaster off the walls back to brick (1950's house) and am thinking that I will have to board it out prior to tiling. I have some gyproc moisture resistant board which I was planning to fix to the walls using batons and then to tile straight over them. I have Vistelle panels to go in the shower which I was also going to fix directly to the boards. I was going to use some mapei adhesive which I haven't used before as I have only used ready mixed adhesive before. Does my plan sound sensible or is there any advice that you can offer me which would be a better way of doing it?
Many thanks,
Rich

T

Time's Ran Out

I'd take the opportunity of using a fully waterproof board such as Wedi.
Gyproc boards unplastered will take 32 kg weight per metre.

Reply to Heavy tiles onto moisture resistant board? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen