Search the forum,

Discuss Hardibacker Board or similar for outdoor use in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I built a covered walkway outside my house some years ago and quarry tiled the floor to it but a. ran out of tiles part way from the end and b. made a right mess of laying them. I used reject tiles so they were all sorts of slightly different shapes and sizes. (well they were cheap and I was strapped) :thumbsdown:

Anyway I now intend to take them up and relay new tiles although not yet sure if I will go for quarries again. I fancy a stab at a victorian style pattern. When I take up the tiles I know that I am going to have a poor sub base in terms of level. There is not enough room to lay a new screed and I have possibly 25mm to include the tile and anything I do to remedy the sub base. I am not confident in my ability to lay a self leveller so am thinking about a cement based backer board.

Question. Is there a cement based backer board which I could lay on a layer of blinding sand and then screw through to the ulutimate substrate and then tile onto it?

The sand is just to act as a levelling layer.

It is not truly outside as it is covered and only gets a tiny sprinkling of rain in the most inclement weather conditions.

I know about insitu substrates but this one I thought I would ask for opinions on from you guys. Thanks in anticipation....

Reply to Hardibacker Board or similar for outdoor use in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen