Search the forum,

Discuss Half tiled wall around bath- want to tile the rest as adding shower. Advice on prep please in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

For the sake of 10 tiles stripping it off and starting again would be best way, hard to tell from pic but does the corner of the bath comes past the window? If it does its a non starter anyway as there will be nothing to attach a screen to, unless i spoze you could use a shower curtain but they're not the best..

T

Time's Ran Out

For the sake of 10 tiles stripping it off and starting again would be best way, hard to tell from pic but does the corner of the bath comes past the window? If it does its a non starter anyway as there will be nothing to attach a screen to, unless i spoze you could use a shower curtain but they're not the best..

May be putting the shower at the other end with new direct feed.

W

Waluigi

Keep in mind (if the shower is going opposite end to the tap end) that the user will be standing quite far away from the shower due to the slope of the Bath back rest. Showers are meant to go at the tap end of a Bath.

As a DIY job, I suppose you could just tile above the existing tiles. A professional would want you to strip out and start again, including tanking.

My opinion is to do it once and do it right.

Dannnn

TF
Reaction score
Might *just* be room to put a screen in. I think we will probably remove the tiles and tank the whole area for the shower...as you say do it once, do it right! Not worth the risk. Will it be possible to save any of them do you think? Or in your experience is it hard to get tiles off in one piece?

Cheers

484D83EC-77DF-482F-A927-B1C9F71EF171.jpeg

Reply to Half tiled wall around bath- want to tile the rest as adding shower. Advice on prep please in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen