Search the forum,

Discuss Grouting woes in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

Cheers Paul, that's a big help.. yeah I was pleased with it until grouting. I couldn't do it for a living though as I definitely lack speed!

They were ragno terracotta effect tiles. I think he got them from walls&floors website but can check if you want
is porcelain, glazed

T

Tile Shop

Cheers Paul, that's a big help.. yeah I was pleased with it until grouting. I couldn't do it for a living though as I definitely lack speed!

They were ragno terracotta effect tiles. I think he got them from walls&floors website but can check if you want

No need to check. I'm quite familiar with their products and as it turns out, it is the same range I'm looking at :)

But nice to see it laid over a bigger area. Only ever seen the odd sample tile and the factory images of room sets.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
As Paul c on his first cleaning advice, I would only add to work controlled sections not try and do half the floor at a time, I work in 2-3 Sqm at a time , pre wet the joints with a sponge ( this will aid to stop the acidic product lightening or burning the grout in the joint) and test the diluted residue remover product you have. Work with the pad, remove and rinse well. If you are left with a white cloudy smear after this test again or you may need to test an alkaline product to break the polymer

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
We have lithofin cement residue remover or the ltp grout residue remover as suggested by Paul would be my first test. Test two tiles first , get the dilution right ,iwould test 1-5 and move through in sections.

Reply to Grouting woes in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen