Search the forum,

Discuss Grouting Terracotta in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

paul bovey

This is the ratios I very vaguely remember for grouting quarry tiles. After grouting we would chuck a dry mix of sand cement over . Like feeding the chickens. Then we would brush it in the wet joint to flush it up before we washing off. Overall I'm struggling to remember the ratios. I know it sounds mad but I swear it was 1.5 .1 or 2.1

W

White Room

You can do a strong mix with quarries due to their strength, terracotta would need a weaker mix due to the material...try using a 3-1 with sandstone, any movement will tear the sandstone apart IMO

P

paul bovey

You can do a strong mix with quarries due to their strength, terracotta would need a weaker mix due to the material...try using a 3-1 with sandstone, any movement will tear the sandstone apart IMO
Sorry . Don't quite get that. You put sand stone in the mix?

T

Time's Ran Out

It's possibly too late to check if the terracotta has been fully sealed before grouting.
Bal wide joint sandstone grout is always a safe bet but 3:1 of sand:cement is easy to wipe off a sealed surface.

Reply to Grouting Terracotta in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen