Search the forum,

Discuss grout sealing - is it worthwhile? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Perry

yes i use it with light biege grout in shops went back to one 6 months later was black because the way they clean it showed the architect wiped the joint with a damp sponge came up like new

G

groucho

i always try and use epoxy if the customer pays the extra for the time and money it costs. But only use on the right sort of tiles

W

White Room

yes i use it with light biege grout in shops went back to one 6 months later was black because the way they clean it showed the architect wiped the joint with a damp sponge came up like new

What did you use on the grout for that one Pete..

G

Gazebo

Good question asd12.

I have never used it myself but have wondered if the tilers out there do.

Would it be useful to use in a shower enclosure where you know a tanking membrane has not been installed.? would it increase its life expectancy.?

I have a job where the above applies, Builder fitted an ensuite a few years ago and customer contacted me to fix leak under shower tray, I have seen pics of the installation and it would appear no tanking membrane was installed, I mentioned the grout seal product to the client and they seemed keen but I couldn't persuade them as I had not used the product before.

I will wait and see the other responses.

R

Rich

Are we talking about a stain guard? I think they are a very good idea and I think that they do a lot to prevent staining but you cant just use it once and expect the grout never to discolor. They do offer limited protection but I still think for the price they are good.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I am tending to to put sealer in shower cubicles, especially for mosaics or scored tiles, and at the back of hobs up to extractor level. Offer it to customers as an extra service and some do take it up, rather than having discoloured grout.

J

jjoc

Ive used it a couple of times with mosaics in a shower cubicle, never really been back so I cnt comment on the results but its easy to use and if it does protect light colour grouts from staining I think it will be a must have product in the future!

Reply to grout sealing - is it worthwhile? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen