Currently reading:
grout sealing - is it worthwhile?

Discuss grout sealing - is it worthwhile? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazebo

Good question asd12.

I have never used it myself but have wondered if the tilers out there do.

Would it be useful to use in a shower enclosure where you know a tanking membrane has not been installed.? would it increase its life expectancy.?

I have a job where the above applies, Builder fitted an ensuite a few years ago and customer contacted me to fix leak under shower tray, I have seen pics of the installation and it would appear no tanking membrane was installed, I mentioned the grout seal product to the client and they seemed keen but I couldn't persuade them as I had not used the product before.

I will wait and see the other responses.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
I tell customers that a grout protector/sealer is like Scotch Guard for carpets. It gives the customer a bit of extra time to wipe up that tomato sauce or red wine from a floor before it permanently stains the grout. Most take it up, but I have sometimes done it for free anway (if it's a small area).

Reply to grout sealing - is it worthwhile? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The grout lines are too bright, almost white. Although I used almost dry sponge to wipe off the excess...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log burner on a plaster render on blockwork wall. I’m planning to score and scrape the paint off the...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.