Search the forum,

Discuss Grout cracking at tile edge in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pierluc

High-Performance, Polymer-Modified Floor and Wall Tile Mortar
MagniFlex Ultimate 8830 is a high-performance, polymer-modified, single-component, thin-set mortar for setting ceramic tile and dimension stone

Deflecto :
For joists that are SYP or Douglas Fir, in good condition, 9.25 inches tall, 1.5 inches wide, 16 inches on center, and 14 feet long between supports, the deflection calculated is 0.442 inches.

This translates to a deflection of L / 380.

Since the maximum deflection for tile is L / 360, and for natural stone is L / 720, your floor is rated for Ceramic tile, Congratulations!

Seems like im just a hair good enough for ceramic tile, would adding more wood cross under the floor help ? or another hanging beam halfway to distribute the weight ?

but i dont thing structure is the problem, the half section i did with the grout mixed well did not crack at all .... or not yet

D

DHTiling

OK all is well...

I think you need to remove the bad area's of grout and re-do them..:thumbsup:

P

Pierluc

hard to see, had to wet the floor to see it, its just a couple weeks old i hope it doesnt get too bad. Any electric tool working well to remove grout ?

D

DHTiling

OK.. That could have caused it to deflect slightly and break the bonf between the tiles and grout...

Best thing is to re-do those area's.. grout and wash off then leave to set..:thumbsup:

A fein is a good tool for re-grouts.. Ultracolour dries hard..

P

Pierluc

alright thx for the help, ill wait a couple months to see if it all holds up and regrout the places that needs it

Reply to Grout cracking at tile edge in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen