Search the forum,

Discuss Granfix floor grout? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

saintdom

evening folks,
newbie in need some advice please, using granfix flexy floor grout, wide joint and grey. Never used the granny floor grout before and have read some bad things on here about it drying all different colours etc.

These posts were over a year old so was just wondering if anyone had used it recently or had any similar probs.

cheers guys:thumbsup:

G

gazzalad

hi mate
ive used granfix flexible a couple of times at work and ive always had the same problem, when it dries the grout goes white.cant be that im always using too much water to rinse or making the grout too wet to start with. i wouldnt use it again
gaz

D

DHTiling

Just try keeping the water/wetting to a minimum when washing off...this should help eliminate the Efflorescence..

S

saintdom

thanks guys for the input,:thumbsup: im going to test it tommorow on a board ive made up and see how it goes, dont want to go out and buy more at this stage if i can help it.

L

ldmfanclub

Hi Dom,

I used some of this last week on a conservatory floor... although the customer loved the end result I wasn't 100% happy with the the consistency of the colour, felt that I mixed it well and not too much water during wash off

Not a patch on Bal/Dunlop IMHO

Hope this helps... poss too late with this post

Matt

O

oldgit

granfix flex grout is one of the worst on the market.
you will never get a good finish ie:flush joint.
one method i used to use was to grout fairly wet,wash down hard which will take the joint down a couple of mm leave for an hour or so then regrout in the normal way.
i once took a chance with there sandstone which is even crappier than the grey,i grout some large square shouldered porc in a cold extension it would not firm up but would set rock on the surface,at 7 pm i took a gamble and dry rubbed it and as it turned out was perfect,many grout would patch when using this old method but on this occasion was fine.
i must strees that i only used this crap because i was doing a fair amount of work via a tiling outlet,they have now dropped granfix for mapei.

L

LM Ceramics

i find granfix products terrible the worst i have ever used especially there wall adhesive as for there floor grout i used it last week on a porcelain floor it dried a very light grey on a red tile it actually looked alright but i wouldnt be using it again stick to what you know

Reply to Granfix floor grout? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen