Search the forum,

Discuss Gonna build a wetroom in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Whats the best wetroom system on the market. I've looked at a few and the easiest seems to be the wedi system. Any other suggestions.

Also where's the best place to buy?

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yes, wedi is good and easy to install. But it's not the cheapest, there's lots of others that are as good, but cheaper. Like marmox, eps etc CTD do insulation board of various thicknesses at a good price.
You could use a wedi tray and then use CTD insulation boards on the walls and floor. Then tape all joints and tank with ardex wp.
Aqua4ma is very good to fit and required no tanking, but not cheap.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
No more ply have a system now. Looked good and the price was very reasonable.

O

One Day

Schluter for me is no.1 with Wedi a close 2nd.

I'm losing confidence in CTD boards after this:
20160824_144542.jpg

I'm not suggesting they would fail, but the softening of the cement face after just 30 secs is worrying.

As far as trays Alan, the easiest I have used are shluter's linear ones.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
looked at the aqua4m system as the tile supplier I am using sells it. not cheap though...

Reply to Gonna build a wetroom in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen