Search the forum,

Discuss Funniest/ Embarrassing Jobs in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

Just remembered this one.........
I was once doing some plastering work on a 200 or 300 yr old,4 storey stone built terraced house many moons ago. Well this one particular recessed door sized wall that was to be plastered was in a bit of a bad shape,so I started to fix some Expamet to the wall by drilling,plugging and screwing it. The problem was that quite a few of the holes felt like they had a cavity behind them,but then the masonry bit would tighten up again for some reason. But I carried on regardless and made fixing where I could until I could hear some muffled shouting and bagging on a wall.
Turns out I had been drilling in to next doors airing cupboard and the tightening up of the drill bit was her pillowcases getting flung round on the end of my drill bit!

Turns out the wall I was fixing the Expamet to,used to a doorway into another room of the same house hundreds of years ago,which was then bricked up with 9 by 1 and 1/2inch thick bricks on there sides....so very thin then

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just remembered this one.........
I was once doing some plastering work on a 200 or 300 yr old,4 storey stone built terraced house many moons ago. Well this one particular recessed door sized wall that was to be plastered was in a bit of a bad shape,so I started to fix some Expamet to the wall by drilling,plugging and screwing it. The problem was that quite a few of the holes felt like they had a cavity behind them,but then the masonry bit would tighten up again for some reason. But I carried on regardless and made fixing where I could until I could hear some muffled shouting and bagging on a wall.
Turns out I had been drilling in to next doors airing cupboard and the tightening up of the drill bit was her pillowcases getting flung round on the end of my drill bit!

Turns out the wall I was fixing the Expamet to,used to a doorway into another room of the same house hundreds of years ago,which was then bricked up with 9 by 1 and 1/2inch thick bricks on there sides....so very thin then

Ha ha funny how memories come back, must have been 25 years ago I was doing a bathroom in Guisley I think it was, the tiles were 6 X 6 johnsons and there was a sunked toilet roll holder and a sunken soap dish over the bath, I remember looking at the orientation of the room and thinking the soap dish was on an external wall, so I started with the drill stitching out the block/brick and when the drill went easy thinking I was hitting the cavity......until the old gent came in really apologetic asking me to come and look in the next room......argh!!!!!!! About 30 holes right in the middle of the wall just above a desk. Cost me a decorator and a roll of wallpaper to put right, the guy still gave me a tip saying anybody could have made that mistake. Oops.

Reply to Funniest/ Embarrassing Jobs in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen