Search the forum,

Discuss Force drying anhydrite in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

goz

TF
Reaction score
IMG_4147.JPG
How long do you think it will take to dry out this screed? Been down 90 days, 50mm thick so should have been dry at 60 days! Plastering has been going on so can't have helped? This is what the tramex read a few days ago. Got dehumidifier in and getting customer to get the pipe temp up to 50 degrees. How long before I retest do you think? Needs to read 0.5? Ditra going down with anhyfix

O

One Day

I used hygrometer boxes and after plasterers had been in, the readings went WAY up for about 5 days. We force dried after that and all was good.
Good man for the ditra with anhyfix!

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
2weeks drying plus 3 day cooling. Make sure it's ventilated properly and the dehumidifier I regularly emptied. Doesn't need to be 0.5% with anhyfix and sites. 1% will be fine but if you aim for 0.5 you will be well and truly safe. The tramex is not all that accurate so use the hygrometer as a final measure. 80% rh is just below 1% moisture

goz

TF
Reaction score
2weeks drying plus 3 day cooling. Make sure it's ventilated properly and the dehumidifier I regularly emptied. Doesn't need to be 0.5% with anhyfix and sites. 1% will be fine but if you aim for 0.5 you will be well and truly safe. The tramex is not all that accurate so use the hygrometer as a final measure. 80% rh is just below 1% moisture
Thanks for this guys, really a great help!! I can go to the customer with all the info required

goz

TF
Reaction score
Update on this one, ran the ufh for 2 weeks at 50 degrees with humidifier and ventilation. Turned off on thurs eve. Turned up today to test and the tramex is still reading the same , 1.5 in places!! Still?!!! Found out the oak in the building is green, could this really stop the floor drying out?

H

hmtiling

Update on this one, ran the ufh for 2 weeks at 50 degrees with humidifier and ventilation. Turned off on thurs eve. Turned up today to test and the tramex is still reading the same , 1.5 in places!! Still?!!! Found out the oak in the building is green, could this really stop the floor drying out?
I'd be testing it with a hygrometer

Reply to Force drying anhydrite in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen