Search the forum,

Discuss For all you star gazers out there! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

I'll browse that later Dave, I'm quite a keen amateur astronomer lthough my telescope is in the loft till I get the work done on my house:thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Love it. There's a few of those on youtube but that's a good quality one.

Makes you realise how small we are on our little planet here when you see the amount of stars out there let alone the planets surrounding them.

Apparently the latest earthquake shifted us on our axis 8cm which means a 1.26 microsecond has come off our day. The one in 2004 that caused the tsunami knocked us 7cm off our axis but took 6.something microseconds off our day due to the tectonic plates being slanted differently compared to the recent quake.

So in a million days we'll notice a 7 second difference in the day. Not much in human life terms but massive in the terms of a planets rotation as naturally our earth spinning slows down much much less than that.

I can read about the universe all day long. Love it to bits.

B

Bolter

Wicked bit of film!

Another that I like

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcBV-cXVWFw]YouTube - The Hubble Deep Field: The Most Important Image Ever Taken[/ame]

ninja edit: the numa numa guy is supposed to be in there (the presenter is a little weird)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to For all you star gazers out there! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hello all, After years of abuse, the bathroom needed an overhaul from top to bottom. Out...
Replies
Views
Hi all! So I got to a job yesterday downstairs wetroom floor with mains underfloor heating...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen