Search the forum,

Discuss floorsofstone online !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

59peejay

Has anyone had any dealings with the online company floorsofstone.co.uk,with regArd to the quality of the travertine tiles(classic or ivory)?.Thanks.

D

david campbell

never dealt with them before but they look really cheap,would request a sample first before commiting to any purchases though:thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just done a quick search and their domain name for their website has been going since 2005, so they've been going about 4 years now. That was my first worry as it did sound too cheap. WHOIS Query

Though I have nothing now. I'd get some samples before buying as said above. And I'd get some samples of stuff you know is very good to compare against (so not just tyre kicking the cheap stuff).

www.TileGiant.co.uk have some good quality travertine, they buy containers of the stuff on a regular basis. And www.TileHQ.co.uk have some different ranges online and their stuff is also very high quality.

I quote a guy on here (I forget who) "to tile in stone is to make your work immortal" (or it went something like that). Though tiling with cheap stone, marble and travertine is to just save a few quid, and you definately wont be making your floor immortal.

So please do look into it a lot, and please feel free to let us know how you get on! Always interesting to hear about new stuff that's about etc.

Try to get the brand name, the manufacturer, the country it's come from and any other details you can and we might be able to compare the stuff based on that.

Last edited:

Reply to floorsofstone online !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen