Search the forum,

Discuss Floor Tiling On Dpm in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rick67

Hi,

Grateful for your thoughts guys, I'm in the building trade but not a professional tiler. I have been asked to tile a couple of rooms for a family friend. Large format porcelain, 600 x 400 mm. The two rooms are small utility 5sq. m. and conservatory 15sq. m. The issue is they have brought the concrete slabs up to finished floor level with no polythene DPM. The smaller room has been treated with a liquid dpm, the other room not yet.
The concrete has been finished flat enough to take the tiles but I have never tiled directly on the dpm before, its a thin bitumen Synthaprufe type. I have spoken to Weber and they say if its left to fully cure for 6-8 weeks it can be primed with PR360 before tiling, so that's ok for that room.
Question is, is it best for them to do the same for the other room or would it be OK to tile directly onto the concrete with waterproof adhesive and grout, its been down a few months months. There's no height to play with.

Thanks

Reply to Floor Tiling On Dpm in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen