Search the forum,

Discuss First Time Limestone Floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Makone

TF
Reaction score
right lads, appreciate all the advice. so i went to the client and suggested decoupling, got a flat out no in reply, i said in that case i make no guarantees, the client says couldn't give a toss just get it done.. who am i to argue? fascinating thread btw does it always get so heated round here? :D some lovely pics there too..
start next week I'll let you know how it goes..

Makone

TF
Reaction score
The Anhydrate-Screed needs to be prepped properly!

1) Calcium-Carbide Moister measurement test. The moisture can't exceed 0.5% (with UFH 0.3%)
2) Laitence layer removed
3) Prime
4) Tiling can begin
5)Decoupling is not needed, to avoid cracking(longevity) movement joints need to be installed correctly!
i've been told by the builder that laitence has been removed. the screed was laid three months ago so hopefully its gone off..

O

Old Mod

Haha heated! This thread?
That's not heated, it's just a healthy debate! :p
I bet you never thought u'd have such an impact on your first day tho did u? Haha :D
Well at least you know where u stand with the client, so that's a good thing!
Yeah be very interesting to see how you go Harry.
Remember, if u get stuck, start a new thread!!!! Hahahaha
Good luck.

Makone

TF
Reaction score
Haha heated! This thread?
That's not heated, it's just a healthy debate! :p
I bet you never thought u'd have such an impact on your first day tho did u? Haha :D
Well at least you know where u stand with the client, so that's a good thing!
Yeah be very interesting to see how you go Harry.
Remember, if u get stuck, start a new thread!!!! Hahahaha
Good luck.
hahaha yeah wasn't expecting that to be honest.. ill post some pics when its done. cheers for the luck i may yet need it!!

O

Old Mod

hahaha yeah wasn't expecting that to be honest.. ill post some pics when its done. cheers for the luck i may yet need it!!
Well, we'll be here if u get stuck! :D
Progress pics, we love them too! :)
U can create an album on your media page then they'll always be easily accessible.
Then if anyone wants to see what you're all about, they'll be able to see your work.
And if u want to look at other members, just click their avatar above their name and ill see either 'media page' or 'albums page'
image.jpeg

T

Time's Ran Out

just work super clean, seal once laid, grout, seal again. thats the plan. anything i should know?

I'd be tempted to seal limestone as you get them out of the crate. Any moisture from sponges, adhesive, hands etc will dry at different times and leave damp patchy areas when you come to seal it.
There is a line of thought that would suggest you will be trapping the moisture from the adhesive in, but by using a fast set flexible and flat skimming the back of the tiles, it's not something that I've encountered.

Reply to First Time Limestone Floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen