Discuss First Paying Job Advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Scott

Nice one kilty, you'll learn more in a day than you probably did on any course

Budda, nice blue badge you got there :thumbsup:

T

TARTAN TILER

Their is no chance guys of me passing an offer like that up. money is not the issue just be happy to learn some more :thumbsup:

If only eveyone was as helpfull and willing as kilty:thumbsup:

and thanks again to everyone for the advice.

G

Gazzer

Nice one Tartan and Jamie (Kilty) This is what the forum is all about...Helping not bitching !

T

Time's Ran Out

I don't know - I like a bit of verbal typing to keep the bit of hair on the back of my neck on end!
That's what makes this place so entertaining, and when people become Elite you should read some of the things that go on in there!
Parties, drinking, group discussions.
Jamie what day do you want the rest of us to come up!:lol:

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
tj,can you pick up doug at hadrians wallon the way hes promised me a pimms if i hand over some shed felt:lol:

P

Pebbs

Tartan take all the advice you are given, it will only serve you well in the future. Every day you find you learn something new and it stands you in good stead.
Timeless John said something about having to toughen up out there in the 'real world', I am sure we all have exp's bad and good when we first started out. When I first started out, the lads on site made my life hell. Being female made it even worse, but you survive and now I make their lifes hell (only joking) they all ended up working for me so I must have done something right along the way. I have some horror stories about what they put me through but seeing as im sober I wont repeat them!
Hang in there!
Its a warzone out there!

Pebbs

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
yo deffo need to over lay the floor .i would prob go for a rapid set addy with a flexi addetive what i mean is a 2 pack .more flexable than a single part flexi thats just my opinion mapei do a very good one + fugolastic addy for the grout .you will have 2 adjust your price i think

D

diamondtiling

Sometimes its better not to give any advice if you can't be positive.
We all have opinions but some remarks are better thought and not posted.

Too late - you've obviously got something stuck up your rear end!

That little statement is going into my black book for future use.......priceless.

:lol::lol:

M

Mike

plywood floors need at least a single part flexi adhesive where as concrete floors need non-flexi adhesives m8!
hope this helps!
that depends on what sort of tile is being laid on the concrete floor, e.g. porcelain would need a flexi adhesive due to the expansion/ contraction in the tile itself

T

Time's Ran Out

that depends on what sort of tile is being laid on the concrete floor, e.g. porcelain would need a flexi adhesive due to the expansion/ contraction in the tile itself

Could have read 'low porosity of the tile' so a polymer modified cement based adhesive should be considered.

T

TheWrightTiler

hi tartan,im doing a full stone bathroom refit in a few weeks time if you want you can pop in and ill show you how to use some products,,were using hardibacker boards,self levelling the floor,access panels to be made etc etc theres not enough on the job to pay you on the job but a few hours for a few days popping in mate will give you a good idea on how things are done,pm me if interested

ive got a floor in dunfermline starting monday if interested, sorry cant pay but will provide butties and brews and will gladly answer any queries and show u how i do things, estimate is 3 days on my own but with help i could do quicker but will gladly take the 3 days to go over things and explain addys etc

ive sent u a pm mate

we all had to start somewhere bud and this is by far the best forum

D

davey-j

While we are on the subject i am a teacher/ tiler and obviously we have more holidays than most so if there are any tilers that live near middleton manchester and want to show me a few things on floors, boarding,levelling,ufh anything i will come along and mix your addy for nothing and just pick up a few tips for a couple of days the week starting 31st may . I was new on here and remember i was really nervous putting my first post up but now thanks to the wide knowledge and good people on here i am confident and dont care how daft i sound so thanks guys.

S

shogun rua

hi tartan,im doing a full stone bathroom refit in a few weeks time if you want you can pop in and ill show you how to use some products,,were using hardibacker boards,self levelling the floor,access panels to be made etc etc theres not enough on the job to pay you on the job but a few hours for a few days popping in mate will give you a good idea on how things are done,pm me if interested

Hi Jamie,
I would jump at the chance of free training by the way im only 20 mikes away lol

Cheers
Paul

Reply to First Paying Job Advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay