• Thread starter Time's Ran Out
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 3K
  • cup
Search the forum,

Discuss England - World Cup 2018 in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I think you are spot on in the long term but by the time the players are playing for England they are in their early to mid twenty's , they can still develop but I think the coaching should be at a younger age ,why does our under 21 team do well but the seniors seem go to pot
i have said it so many times the England coach doesn't seem to have much say on who goes in the team , They pick the players on who they think will sell the most England shirts , I bet if you looked at club shirt sales and England selection it would be they same , it is why they select players who have been out injured for months then all of the sudden they get an England call up why because their shirt sales figures are higher than the inform players
that's my opinion anyway but I know f all about football lol

Don't think you're far off the mark there Gary, it's all about how much cash these clubs can generate. They are no longer football clubs, they are now businesses that happen to have a football team. It's all about revenue, why do you think they go on these pre-season tours to America and Asia? The income from these continents must be phenomenal .

Reply to England - World Cup 2018 in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen