Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.
  • Thread starter Time's Ran Out
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 3K
  • cup

Discuss England - World Cup 2018 in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Time's Ran Out

He should drop his advisors ASAP, not that he'll be going anywhere soon.
They seemed to be lining him up for each fail.
Apart from the pub comments about Roy I couldn't hear much wrong with his replies. It's nothing but an explaination of how the 3rd party system is misused.
I don't like these stings!
Won't be buying the Telegraph any time soon.

A

Aston

Best thing that could have happened.
England would have gone backwards under that numpty allardyce.

Who ever takes over only has to do one thing, copy what pep and Klopp are doing.
Coach each player individually, press as if there lives depended on it, keep the ball as much as possible even if it means going backwards to go forwards and always always always, the team over any individual!!

S

Spud

Best thing that could have happened.
England would have gone backwards under that numpty allardyce.

Who ever takes over only has to do one thing, copy what pep and Klopp are doing.
Coach each player individually, press as if there lives depended on it, keep the ball as much as possible even if it means going backwards to go forwards and always always always, the team over any individual!!
I think you are spot on in the long term but by the time the players are playing for England they are in their early to mid twenty's , they can still develop but I think the coaching should be at a younger age ,why does our under 21 team do well but the seniors seem go to pot
i have said it so many times the England coach doesn't seem to have much say on who goes in the team , They pick the players on who they think will sell the most England shirts , I bet if you looked at club shirt sales and England selection it would be they same , it is why they select players who have been out injured for months then all of the sudden they get an England call up why because their shirt sales figures are higher than the inform players
that's my opinion anyway but I know f all about football lol

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I think you are spot on in the long term but by the time the players are playing for England they are in their early to mid twenty's , they can still develop but I think the coaching should be at a younger age ,why does our under 21 team do well but the seniors seem go to pot
i have said it so many times the England coach doesn't seem to have much say on who goes in the team , They pick the players on who they think will sell the most England shirts , I bet if you looked at club shirt sales and England selection it would be they same , it is why they select players who have been out injured for months then all of the sudden they get an England call up why because their shirt sales figures are higher than the inform players
that's my opinion anyway but I know f all about football lol

Don't think you're far off the mark there Gary, it's all about how much cash these clubs can generate. They are no longer football clubs, they are now businesses that happen to have a football team. It's all about revenue, why do you think they go on these pre-season tours to America and Asia? The income from these continents must be phenomenal .

Reply to England - World Cup 2018 in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks