• Thread starter Time's Ran Out
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 3K
  • cup
Search the forum,

Discuss England - World Cup 2018 in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

With the way things are going and the amount of foreigners now coming into the Premiership the England Manager will eventually be picking players from the Championship!!!
so many great young England players wasted spend there careers in the second or third teams of premiership
until they loose hope and go off the rails they buy them to stop other getting them then total destroy
all there hopes .by buying yet anther import .so they become 4 or 5 in line if there lucky .so whats the answer
no premiership club can hold a player over 18 without playing him at least 4 times a year in the first team
the lower clubs will let the grow much faster

T

Time's Ran Out

Ray - I couldn't agree with you more!
My first team is Newcastle United but I haven't been to St James Park since before Sir Bobby died. It was 2007 and the game v Aston Villa when Bower and Dyer had the punch up and young Taylor got sent off for handling on the line. We ended up with 8 on the pitch, I'd spent £160.00 on tickets and given up a day's wage! None of these 'professional' players deserve the support of 52,000 Geordies every week but it's still the first result I look for and I'am English and proud. It's the shirts we support the rest are transients.

A

Aston

Passion only gets you so far, you need ability.
Brazil, Italy, Germany, France, Spain don't rely on passion. They have technique, composure and confidence in their ability...

we need to slow the pace of our game down to compete with these teams. The FA sets the criteria for our grass routes football and all the seem to want are players who are tall and quick. You also have to look at our weather too. Cold and rain isn't conducive for patient, precise football. Our crowds are impatient, they would want the tempo raised or they'd get bored, so its a difficult puzzle to solve.

Maybe 1966 was a one off?? we have never ever reached a final before or since and we look further away than ever...Why care?? I'm sure the players soon forget when they get home to their mansions, super cars and super models. How can a fully belly feel hunger??

T

Time's Ran Out

Well Sam lasted 67 days, spoke to undercover Telegraph reporters and has dropped himself in the mire!
Gareth Southgate to take the next 4 games.
No doubt more to come out tomorrow in papers.
Silly Sam!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
So stupid TJ, all he ever wanted was that job. Just down to greed, as if 3m isn't enough, but once you get that you want more.

T

Time's Ran Out

He should drop his advisors ASAP, not that he'll be going anywhere soon.
They seemed to be lining him up for each fail.
Apart from the pub comments about Roy I couldn't hear much wrong with his replies. It's nothing but an explaination of how the 3rd party system is misused.
I don't like these stings!
Won't be buying the Telegraph any time soon.

A

Aston

Best thing that could have happened.
England would have gone backwards under that numpty allardyce.

Who ever takes over only has to do one thing, copy what pep and Klopp are doing.
Coach each player individually, press as if there lives depended on it, keep the ball as much as possible even if it means going backwards to go forwards and always always always, the team over any individual!!

S

Spud

Best thing that could have happened.
England would have gone backwards under that numpty allardyce.

Who ever takes over only has to do one thing, copy what pep and Klopp are doing.
Coach each player individually, press as if there lives depended on it, keep the ball as much as possible even if it means going backwards to go forwards and always always always, the team over any individual!!
I think you are spot on in the long term but by the time the players are playing for England they are in their early to mid twenty's , they can still develop but I think the coaching should be at a younger age ,why does our under 21 team do well but the seniors seem go to pot
i have said it so many times the England coach doesn't seem to have much say on who goes in the team , They pick the players on who they think will sell the most England shirts , I bet if you looked at club shirt sales and England selection it would be they same , it is why they select players who have been out injured for months then all of the sudden they get an England call up why because their shirt sales figures are higher than the inform players
that's my opinion anyway but I know f all about football lol

Reply to England - World Cup 2018 in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen