Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Dry cutter thread....for use with polished porcelain in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Like I said ....been doing it for years.
Don't think there going to spontaneously combust or anything....

OP
I

Italy

My bar is always fast sliding, use every 15 days wd40 and immediately wipe with a cloth otherwise attracts more dust. therefore my bar is always dry and fast.
I also used silicone spray, but the result is not comparable to wd40.
It remains the bar, less sliding.
Therefore, in my opinion, always lucid and dry bar is the best of life.
I also wanted to mention that Montolit, for some cutters and equipment, supplied in the box, some mini oilers of wd40.

OP
L

LM

I also wanted to mention that Montolit, for some cutters and equipment, supplied in the box, some mini oilers of wd40
Yes Antonio but are those capsules meant only for the working parts of the cutter and not the rail?

OP
L

LM

My bar is always fast sliding, use every 15 days wd40 and immediately wipe with a cloth otherwise attracts more dust

So you use wd40 to clean down your machine and then dry it off, so do I ;)

OP
I

Italy

Yes Antonio but are those capsules meant only for the working parts of the cutter and not the rail?
begins to be heavy lee ..;)
He's not talking about those to be attached to the handle.
I bought "baby foratutto" and there were two packs of wd40, to put on the pistons that slide up and down.

OP
L

LM

IMG_6303.JPG
This is what I use to lubricate the cutting axel and anti friction bearings

OP

1animal1

Well this has spiralled... What's the conclusion then? Wet the bar with lube, wipe the bar and enjoy the benefits for a few more days. Words to live by :)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Definitely keep it clean....
Problem i had was I started to use wd40 this attracts the dust and stops the handle sliding effiently ......so I have to keep spraying it to get it to work....
But as there 20 year old cutter's, I'm not going to beat myself up over it..
When I buy yours off you though, for a rock bottom price, I will take better care of them..;)

Reply to Dry cutter thread....for use with polished porcelain in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock