Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss dried adhesive on ply in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

MTiler

What do you guys find is the best way to remove dried cement based adhesive off ply? I have a grinder and a Fein. The adhesive is around 4-5mm thick in places. Replacing the ply isnt an option unfortunately. its only 2.5m2.

Cheers
Sharon

O

Old Mod

Aldi £9.99
Messy, but cheap and works well.
Just be careful when you get to the ply.
It'll certainly remove the bulk quickly.
image.jpeg

A

Aston

Go with the water and scraper.
little tip though, get your angle grinder and cut some tram line strips, cutting down into the adhesive.
just make sure you finish on the surface of the ply. this will make breaking through the dry adhesive much easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Old Mod

This is definately the best scraper I've ever used.
It's bullet proof!
Has a heavy metal rod thro the centre, so clumping it with a hammer is no problem.
I will admit this is the new design and it has wider shoulders than the old, which personally I think hinders the performance a little because it can catch things when being used.
The blades are excellent and sharpest I've come across and sharp enough to shave with!
I kid you not!
Blades also come in two widths, and the wider one is flexible, which is great for wallpaper and paint scraping.
Not cheap tho. :D
Blades are about £6.00 for 10 but well worth it.
Olfa - Scrapers - https://www.olfatools.co.uk/products/6-Scrapers

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Good shout Marc with the blades, my local decorators merchants stocks Olfa and I always use their knife blades in my Stanley

Reply to dried adhesive on ply in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks