Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss dried adhesive on ply in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If weight and height isn't an issue could you not use a thin layer of suitable SLC and save yourself the grief?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You're going to tell me it's not a floor now aren't you?

I

Ian

As I mentioned removing the ply isnt an option unfortunately.
I see, I thought it was maybe a budget issue that there weren't the funds to replace, not that it couldn't be removed. The grinding cup is without doubt the easiest option and not messy if you get a dust extractor for your grinder, other than that, you could remove the highest spots and give it a 3mm or so skim of cement based or glue and screw some 6mm cement board, if there is the depth to play with of course.

M

MTiler

I see, I thought it was maybe a budget issue that there weren't the funds to replace, not that it couldn't be removed. The grinding cup is without doubt the easiest option and not messy if you get a dust extractor for your grinder, other than that, you could remove the highest spots and give it a 3mm or so skim of cement based or glue and screw some 6mm cement board, if there is the depth to play with of course.

Im going to use grinding cup and scraper.
I cant board or skim over it, I have to get down to ply base as theres no depth to play with.

T

Time's Ran Out

Thats the least of my problems lol.

I've obviously misunderstood your thread. I thought the dried adhesive was on some finished plywood decor panel and not on a previously tiled surface. Apart from 'removing the plywood is not an option' that is still not clear.

M

MTiler

I've obviously misunderstood your thread. I thought the dried adhesive was on some finished plywood decor panel and not on a previously tiled surface. Apart from 'removing the plywood is not an option' that is still not clear.

Just need to get adhesive off Ply thats all.

M

MTiler

I got the scraper from tradetiler (great quick delivery as always) and along with wetting the addy it worked a treat.
Cheers me dears.

Maida Vale 1.jpg Maida Vale 3.jpg

M

MTiler

I fit some of those tiles about a year ago, fired earth if my memory serves me well. I thought they were awful but the client loved them.

That was by the previous tiler, but there'd been problems with boxes not matching even though they were the same batch. In the end I installed different FE mosaics to be paid for by FE.

My next job is a whole bathroom installed with the previous ones :). The previous tiler didnt match a single wall. Worked with them a few times, usually redoing other tilers bodge jobs. Theyre nice but slow to work with. Even some tilers on FE list wont touch them apparently.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Funnily enough it was a feature wall that a tiler had previously done and botched them up as well. I agree they aren't the easiest to work with to line up but same old story.... take your time and they aren't too bad. Too much rework these days from bodging idiots.

O

Old Mod

Funnily enough it was a feature wall that a tiler had previously done and botched them up as well. I agree they aren't the easiest to work with to line up but same old story.... take your time and they aren't too bad. Too much rework these days from bodging idiots.
I'm spotting a theme here Paul, you need a holiday mate! :)

Reply to dried adhesive on ply in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks