Search the forum,

Discuss Does fiber board need priming in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Starting a job tomorrow, the walls are made of a plaster board with a cement coating, the customer tells me its called fiber board. I have never heard of this before, and was wondering if it needs priming. Any help is appreciated.

T

Tecnik2000

The term fibreboard used to be linked to lightweight boarding used to insulate ceilings etc. Was also used in the construction of pin boards in offices as it was soft enough to pin to. I suggest it may be asbestolux or cement board as Mike said,not fibreboard persay

Reply to Does fiber board need priming in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello all, After years of abuse, the bathroom needed an overhaul from top to bottom. Out...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen