Search the forum,

Discuss Does anyone charge a fee for going out to measure up for a job ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

eyebeetiling

I've never charged either, but if you have had a bit of extra expense to do a quote just add it into the quote itself and hope that you get the work.

C

CLAYS TILES

no, i dont charge for quotations...
but the way our favorite goverment is going we may have to start just to keep up with fuel costs!

M

Mark B

I don't charge for quotes for either plumbing or tiling work.

If its a plumbing repair job that hasn't been quoted I do have a higher hourly rate for the first hour but no call out charge.

Mark

S

Spud

i always offer free estimates, if the job is miles away or if they ask me back around again as they have changed something or want samples dropped off i charge a higher fixing price and put a couple of quid on the materials ,the customer still feels like you have given them a freebie but they pay for it in the end with the price of diesel these days its not unreasonable to ask for a fee if the job is well outside your catchment area

M

Mike Strutter

No way, free estimates from me. If it's a long way from home i'll reflect that in my quote, i think that's only fair with the rising fuel costs.

Reply to Does anyone charge a fee for going out to measure up for a job ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen