Search the forum,

Discuss do any other tilers do this in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

On previous conversations I've had with schluter they like at least 3mm between ufh wires and ditra . Dural not so fussed

O

One Day

If i was to use heat mats, which i don't since devi went and killed that bit of the market, i wouldn't usually use a membrane. I see the mat fibres give a softening effect to any lateral stresses. I'd always use slc though. I think fixing direct to cables is crazy, but onto mats you're bound to be leaving loads of air pockets.
I know, i know - it can be done and manufacturers will agree, but i personally wouldn't.

D

Dumbo

If i was to use heat mats, which i don't since devi went and killed that bit of the market, i wouldn't usually use a membrane. I see the mat fibres give a softening effect to any lateral stresses. I'd always use slc though. I think fixing direct to cables is crazy, but onto mats you're bound to be leaving loads of air pockets.
I know, i know - it can be done and manufacturers will agree, but i personally wouldn't.
Getting back to a previous thread air pockets around cable can equal burnt out mat at this point and because of air pockets this is tilers fault for cause of failure according to thermonet. Don't understand why you don't use heat mats please explain wish I didn't have to . Also agree I'm sure there is so added strength due to mesh

D

Dumbo

Would
solve this he easy way, ditch the cables and ufh matts and see the light! VarioPRO uncoupling and cable and tile straight ontop.

#othersystemsareavailable ;)
Would still want use slc on that as it's easier fill and you will get a better fill then tile once dry. When I buy adhesive etc , adhesive and slc the same price so why make life difficult

J

J Sid

solve this he easy way, ditch the cables and ufh matts and see the light! VarioPRO uncoupling and cable and tile straight ontop.

#othersystemsareavailable ;)
@Lee@TileTown not used this VarioPRO but am surprised you recommend it is suitable to bridge two different substrates, how much vertical moment will it absorb?

Reply to do any other tilers do this in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen