Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Ditra on Anhydrite in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Gazzer

What has this to do with Anhydrite screeds? Surely that would have been the same with cement screed with stone. Its the stone that caused the problem ....?

Al@Lifetiles

TF
Arms
Reaction score
What has this to do with Anhydrite screeds? Surely that would have been the same with cement screed with stone. Its the stone that caused the problem ....?
Obviously didn't make my point clear.
The bond between ditra and screed was perfect.
I only mentioned the stone as that was why I had to lift ditra.
I am not familiar with Epoxy primers or gypsum based adhesives so my only question, given the result I had with cement based products, is why do I need them?
I'm totally open to new products and find it all very interesting but I do wonder if things can be over thought some times.
I hope my point is clear

Reaction score
Just a little bit more info on the TileMaster Anhyfix adhesive that is now out

Broken Link Removed

Also a useful Anhyfix Technical Guide

[DLMURL]http://www.tiletown.co.uk/published/39/resources/documents/TileMaster%20Anhyfix%20Technical%20Guide.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
One of our regulars used it today for first time, I've not heard full review as he called mark @ TileMaster for that, but tiler said it mixes and seems just like any other TM white adhesive.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
I would go down the root of getting the adhesive company to do a spesification and let them do any tests that need doing I would not stick your neck out to far with these screeds.

Will they do a moisture test?

I finally had a look at this floor, and got some more details on it...
There is UFH, and it will be commisioned shortly.
There is celotex all around the perimeter of the floor. Is this usual!?! How do i deal with it (ie. stick the Ditra to it!?!)?
Customer has bought an Epoxy Primer (meant to make a note of brand, but as usual... Forgot), and Weber SPF.

Any thoughts? ;)

T

The D

Some will give weber a call if that is the adhesive you have gone with they will prob come out to site and do you a full spesification. Mapie defo will do the tests if you use there adhesive

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Will they do a moisture test?

I finally had a look at this floor, and got some more details on it...
There is UFH, and it will be commisioned shortly.
There is celotex all around the perimeter of the floor. Is this usual!?! How do i deal with it (ie. stick the Ditra to it!?!)?
Customer has bought an Epoxy Primer (meant to make a note of brand, but as usual... Forgot), and Weber SPF.

Any thoughts? ;)

Celotex round the edge is to prevent cold bridging. It should normally be covered by the skirtings and plasterboard. It is normally only 25mm thick.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Celotex round the edge is to prevent cold bridging. It should normally be covered by the skirtings and plasterboard. It is normally only 25mm thick.

The customer was a little too involved with this one, and he went 40mm!?! Not only that, but he got a little carried away, and did internal walls too... :-/

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The customer was a little too involved with this one, and he went 40mm!?! Not only that, but he got a little carried away, and did internal walls too... :-/
.oh dear. Not sure how to get round that....

beanz

TF
Reaction score
.oh dear. Not sure how to get round that....

Me neither!?! Only thing I can come up with is to use Tec 7, to stick the mat to the foam, but no idea what sort of bond it'll give!?! :-/
The screed itself looks like it'll be a pleasure to tile, as it's really flat. Nothing's ever straight forward though is it? Lol

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Me neither!?! Only thing I can come up with is to use Tec 7, to stick the mat to the foam, but no idea what sort of bond it'll give!?! :-/
The screed itself looks like it'll be a pleasure to tile, as it's really flat. Nothing's ever straight forward though is it? Lol

What about if you we're to scrape out some of the foam down to say 10mm and fill it up with levelling compound or adhesive.

Just make sure theprepos done correctly and make sure when you mix the epoxy primer you use a spatula to scrape out all of part a into part be to mix it. Is it a water dispersable primer. They can soften be diluted to make them easier to penetrate the screed surface.

Reply to Ditra on Anhydrite in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks