Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss DeWalt D24000 Tile Cutter - Oh what a beauty! in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Such a thing of sheer beauty (no I'm not talking about Kelly Brook...!)

Came home tonight to find my newly delivered DeWalt D24000 in the hallway.

First impression was, OMG how enormous is this going to be, what a size the box is....

Notice the separate leg stand box, which is included in the excellent price at Tradetiler (which I must point out, David has said is to be increased at the end of this month, so get your orders in now!!)

IMG00051-20100618-1612.jpg

Everything was packaged perfectly as to be expected from DeWalt.

IMG00053-20100618-1615.jpg

Once all unpacked onto the kitchen table, I was expecting to have to get the University Professor that lives next door to come in and give me a hand assembling it:yikes:All the parts have an incredible feeling of build quality, which gave me the impression that this machine will last for years to come...

IMG00059-20100618-1627.jpg

Anyway I got stuck in at precisely 4.30 pm....
First the legstand and water tray...

IMG00060-20100618-1640.jpg

Next the saw itself...

IMG00062-20100618-1648.jpg

The new model has an extra bolt and locating pins to secure the saw body to the rails...

IMG00061-20100618-1647.jpg

So far, so good...

IMG00063-20100618-1658.jpg

All done at 5.15pm (not bad for the first time..)

IMG00067-20100618-1750.jpg

The one and only thing that I cannot demonstrate in a photo, is the incredible power you experience when you turn this machine on....WOW what a machine.
Cannot wait to get started with it.

Last edited:
D

DHTiling

Well i have to disagree..i'm afraid..

If you can only just get 610mm in then you have a prob..

I have a standard connect and it fits in champs, no probs.. as for carrying on your own,, eat some spinach :lol: i manage no probs again.. quite light i find.

And i look forward to getting my Dewalt out to use it.. I have cut over 900mm on mine with the spin cut..

Reaction score
'If you can only just get 610mm in then you have a prob'..

dave you have mis understood me on this point

my point is that with the carriage fully back it would be nice to place the rear edge of the tile against the back stop and let it down onto the bed in one nice movement, the blade is in the way so in practice you have to put it under the blade and onto the bed, lift it up a bit, then drop the back edge against the stop.

as for transporting i have the lwb t230 connect and as i said it fits in but i do have a considerable amount of tooling in the van at all times.

this cutter is a great bit of kit but it is just a cutter and it could be better.

one thing i do like it for is bull noseing, i use the profile cutter off my variable speed grinder on the shaft and it works a treat.

D

DHTiling

I fitted a second shelf in my connect and sit the DeWALT on that.. so leaves the floor space for tools..

Lifting a tile into place isn't a prob i find.. i have just been using 600x600 22mm marble.. and in the summer i was cutting 960mm mocca trav.. all in the technique i find..

Reaction score
just being subjective dave

i dont want you to think (sure you dont) i cant work out a technique to put a piece of stone onto a tile cutter, but in my opinion an extra 40mm of travel rearwards on the carriage would be a improvement as would an option of an induction motor as a upgrade.

i had considered a smaller wheel to allow the 610mm tile to drop into place but not got round to it yet.

value for money wise i think the cutter is excellant, for a relativly cheap cutter you get alot for your money and i would recomend one over anything else in the price range.

cheers

Reaction score
Photo-0026.jpg

this is my van as of 10 mins ago dave and i would consider it relativly empty so you can see my problem, but it goes in on the 2 boxes on the right and the legs fit down the left side or on the roof (that is a chore)

D

doug boardley

you need a bigger van Spanish!! I leave a lot of my tools in my trailer now ready for when I get myself a pick -up

OP
M
Reaction score
View attachment 19489
this is my van as of 10 mins ago dave and i would consider it relativly empty so you can see my problem, but it goes in on the 2 boxes on the right and the legs fit down the left side or on the roof (that is a chore)

I really don't know how you lads can cope with such a small van:rolleyes5:

I have a Renault Master and still could do with more space:mad2:

With regards the D24000 Dave, I can't recommend it enough:thumbsup: I had hung back for the Tornado being released in the UK but when the UK main dealer for Montolit told me to buy the DeWalt I really didn't need to research the matter any further:smilewinkgrin:

Oh, and the fact that David at TT told me he was putting the price up did gee me up a bit......

Last edited:
S

Scott

At last I am going to order mine in the next few weeks in readiness for my tile at home. I have to say after looking at the alternative cutters out there its certainly one of the lightest i have seen.

Reply to DeWalt D24000 Tile Cutter - Oh what a beauty! in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock