Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sigma 10 m 9 in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all
hopefully I am going to post a completely unbiased review on the sigma 10m9 wet saw. Thiscwill be done in parts over the next week or so as i use it.
Having not owned a rubi wet saw im not comparing.( so not getting into the rubi/ sigma debate.
This arrived on Thursday on a pallet.
first impression is that it looks very well made and quite simple in design. It's a heavy beast when all together but it splits down into a few main parts.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1374342287.846806.jpg
I have weighed the main parts and they come in as follows
Stand. 6 kg
Saw inc water tray and splash guard. 26kg
Sliding table. 21 kg
So in parts it's not bad at all to transport . It goes together very easily, first open up the stand and put the cutter on top, the sliding table inserts into two tightly machined holes and then you tighten up the angle adjusting bolts. The blade guard simply slots in under the cutting table.
So here it is complete. But without the blade guard and bevel.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1374342974.242732.jpg

Have tried a few cuts today using some 600 x 600 villeroy and boch porcellain tiles and it cuts perfectly square out of the box.
Mitreing is very good as there is no blade deflection.
The motor is very quiet and water spray is minimal, but it does drip off the table at various points.
On the bad side I can't stop it taking the corner off the tile when cutting from an point to point, no matter how slow I cut. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I will post more and pictures of the cuts as I use it.

To summarise, right now I feel the same as when I got an "I phone" . Wouldn't be without it now but struggling at the moment.

Reply to Sigma 10 m 9 in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock