Discuss Lumberjack TC180, Rubi DU-200-L (or Evo), or Vitrex 800 (or 900) in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

PKH

I've just sorted out a manual tiler (Sigma 3C3M). Now I need could really do with some advice on the best machine to use for mitring.

I don't like plastic or metal mitre strips, so I want to do proper 45 degree mitres on the tiles. I've got an external corner to do, as well as a window reveal, and quite a few L-shaped cuts. Four of the Ls will also need all the cuts to be mitred cuts. I reckon I need either a sliding table saw (expensive) or a bridge saw (variable quality). The Dewalt 24000 would be lovely but would be crazy for the amount of tiling I do. So I reckon I should get a bridge saw.

I've searched through dozens of threads here and narrowed it down to the Rubi DU-200-L, the Rubi DU-200 Evo or the Lumberjack TC180.
  • The Lumberjack TC180 is £120. It only cuts to about 40 cm (OK for what I'm doing). There are no reviews on any credible web sites - just two on Amazon and two on eBay, all of which are good. Has anyone here any experience of this saw? If it does what I want, it's remarkable value.
  • The DU-200-L costs £228 and gets mostly good reviews.
  • The DU-200-Evo costs £336 (including integrated stand). It is not mentioned on any of the tiling websites. It has a couple of poor reviews on the Topps Tiles web site: Rubi DU200 Evolution 230v | Topps Tiles - http://www.toppstiles.co.uk/tprod46786/rubi-du200-evolution-230v.html). I can't really see what the difference is between this model and the 200-L model other than the integrated stand - has anyone got more information?
  • The Vitrex Power 800 Bridge is £156. Price is good but there are not many good reviews.
  • The Vitrex Versatile Power Pro 900 is £270 and gets mostly good reviews.
I'd really appreciate any thoughts from any owners or users of these saws. Or a recommendation about another make/model of saw that I haven't considered.

I've worked with table saws before and know how to true them up before using them (assuming there are some adjustments). So I'm happy to buy one that can be tweaked to make it good. I also kind of expect that I will probably need to buy a decent blade, although the first job I'm doing is with 360 x 275 ceramics tiles, so the included blade may well be OK.

Cheers,

Paul

B

Blunt Tool

Hi Paul, have a look @Pro Tiler Tools, they do all the Rubi machines and well priced. Out of all the ones mentioned I would go for Rubi DU 200 L

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I swear that TC18O is the same one everybody rebrands. When i worked in topps all the stores had Rubi TC180's lol

Many years ago though.

On pro tiler tools they have the same one and it's another make.

If it's the one, I thought it was alright.

Any 200 will have more power though. Not that you should be pushing much on the tile to stop the blade but sometimes you need to so maybe a 200 is wise.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm selling my vortex power pro 800 bridge saw and my vitrex 750 power pro table saw ( needs a new splash guard tho) if your interested, well used but I good working order so don't wan't top prices

M

Matt Bott

I'm selling my vortex power pro 800 bridge saw and my vitrex 750 power pro table saw ( needs a new splash guard tho) if your interested, well used but I good working order so don't wan't top prices
Are you getting something new ?

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
No, got something new a couple of years ago, the all mighty dewalt, cleaned up the lock up the other day and rediscovered the other set saws lol, keep meaning to put them on the for sale section, haven't had time yet

O

Old Mod

@Dan,

Rubi tc 180
IMG_8743.JPG

Rubi BL 180 now renamed ND180

IMG_8750.JPG

Lumberjack tc 180

IMG_8744.JPG

Rubi du 200 L BL (basic line)

IMG_8745.JPG

Rubi DU 200 Evo is American, not available here.

IMG_8746.JPG

@Ttt1601 VORTEX! Haha Vitrex Power pro 800

IMG_8747.JPG

Vitrex power pro 750

IMG_8748.JPG

Personally, given the choice of all those listed
Except the Rubi TC180 (first image)

I'd probably go for Bosch GWS 7-115 and a decent blade, there are a fair few reasonable blades about now.

IMG_8751.JPG

And I'd start saving if I wanted a decent wet cutter, and watch for a second hand one wile I'm waiting. I've only ever bought one brand new wet saw, all the rest have been second hand, even my current one which is the Rubi DX 350-N 1300.

Reply to Lumberjack TC180, Rubi DU-200-L (or Evo), or Vitrex 800 (or 900) in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damian
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks