Search the forum,

Discuss Depth Of Slc Over Heat Mat System in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

M

MTiler

It will state in the pdf of your choice of slc , the minimum depth required , some say deeper over timber floors ..

But If your heat mat says 8mm , then isnt that your answer... :)

But why do most people only just cover the UFH then and not go thicker? Thats why I asked.

D

Dougs Third Go

I'd normally go 2-3mm over cables Sharon, coupled up with a solid bed of adhesive using a 10mm trowel wiggled down to a 5mm solid bed you've got 8mm coverage there.

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Always put down between 6-8 mm.
Webber floor flex states 10mm min over timber.
For mosaic i always do two layers as the second only a couple of mm and rolled out with the pin roller

Reply to Depth Of Slc Over Heat Mat System in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys have a big gap above tray to fill 2cm high 1cm deep (3/4in x 1/2in) Any suggestions...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen