Discuss Day rate was created for jobs like this! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

stusgsx

Trying to get this horrible old carpet up from around a pool. So far I've done 2 metres in 2 hours :-(
Such a boring job and it's stuck like poo to a blanket!
Who makes a tile-carpet adhesive?! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389693265.927982.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389693274.478276.jpg

M

mike1979

How much have you got left to do I've done a lot of pools never seen carpet around one tho bet it stinks

S

stusgsx

I've hired a carpet remover.....it's sat in the corner bloody useless it won't even touch it

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!!

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system. Rather you than me mate that's horrible work. Looks worse than difficult lino as it looks like it rips easier. Somebody stuck that down well eh?!

Get the jigger pick out and just SLC the mess after lol

S

stusgsx

Fire did cross my mind at one point!
Ive found the best way is to divide it up in to strips using my breaker (yes the stupidly big overkill one that is taller than me nearly) and then get the carpet stripper and just ram the crap out of the strips of carpet and they come up slowly. I've done around 70% of it now so the worst is done. Got home nice and dusty had to have a shower and now going to sink a couple of beers!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
spotty sixteen year old oik and a scrapper is the best tool for the job...:thumbsup:

and a deck chair.....for you to sit in, while he gets on with it..:lol:

Reaction score
looks nasty mate, I've had this with vinyl fixed with acrylic adhesive before, I hired a breaker as tall as me from Speedy hire which the nuts holding the blade kept coming loose, made me swear a lot, then eventually they all sheared off, so I then had to wait half a day for another one which lasted 30 mins and did exactly the same, so, I went to screwfix and bought some m10 25mm long nuts and bolts, put those on with extra nuts to lock the others, and job done, hard work though. When I took it back I told them what they needed to do :lol:

S

stusgsx

Yep and was also blocking the small lane that runs along the bottom of the drive. No way could of got a pallet truck up the drive. I've shifted all 330 tiles into the garage now.
Back to my lovely carpet!

Reply to Day rate was created for jobs like this! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley