Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Damp marks showing through tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

AnnMcCarron

Hi

I've just had my bathroom tiled in white matt ceramic/porcelain tiles and today I noticed shadow spots on all the tiles. The tiler explained that it's the moisture from the adhesive coming through the clay back of the tile and that it will dry out. I'm not confident with this answer because 36 hours have passed and the tiles still look the same. He's coming back tomorrow to grout and I'd really appreciate some advice on whether or not these shadowy stains will indeed dry out and if not what action needs to be taken. The adhesive is white Larsen standard wall tile adhesive.

Thanks
AMcC

W

White Room

Hi and welcome....does the moisture spots look like spots, any pics would be good.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
What adhesive was used ? And as Dave says, sounds / looks like possible spot fixing of tiles. Did you watch your Tiler work, how was the adhesive spread / applied ?

W

White Room

What adhesive was used ? And as Dave says, sounds / looks like possible spot fixing of tiles. Did you watch your Tiler work, how was the adhesive spread / applied ?

Quote;The adhesive is white Larsen standard wall tile adhesive

A

AnnMcCarron

Please see photo below. Not great light but sots best seen in the area of light reflection. Will they dry out. Tiler came with a plumbing team recommended by a reputable bathroom showroom.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 157
D

DHTiling

Please see photo below. Not great light but sots best seen in the area of light reflection. Will they dry out. Tiler came with a plumbing team recommended by a reputable bathroom showroom.

It is spot fixed.. but at least he has tried to get good coverage.. most do the 5 spot technique.

C

Colour Republic

nothing wrong with the adhesive he used and it looks like a tidy job. Just fixing method leaves a lot to be desired.

That said I can see trowel marks through the grout joints so whilst it looks like dot and dab from the marks i'm not 100% convinced myself.

Reply to Damp marks showing through tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks