Search the forum,

Discuss Damp marks showing through tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

AnnMcCarron

Hi

I've just had my bathroom tiled in white matt ceramic/porcelain tiles and today I noticed shadow spots on all the tiles. The tiler explained that it's the moisture from the adhesive coming through the clay back of the tile and that it will dry out. I'm not confident with this answer because 36 hours have passed and the tiles still look the same. He's coming back tomorrow to grout and I'd really appreciate some advice on whether or not these shadowy stains will indeed dry out and if not what action needs to be taken. The adhesive is white Larsen standard wall tile adhesive.

Thanks
AMcC

W

White Room

Hi and welcome....does the moisture spots look like spots, any pics would be good.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
What adhesive was used ? And as Dave says, sounds / looks like possible spot fixing of tiles. Did you watch your Tiler work, how was the adhesive spread / applied ?

W

White Room

What adhesive was used ? And as Dave says, sounds / looks like possible spot fixing of tiles. Did you watch your Tiler work, how was the adhesive spread / applied ?

Quote;The adhesive is white Larsen standard wall tile adhesive

A

AnnMcCarron

Please see photo below. Not great light but sots best seen in the area of light reflection. Will they dry out. Tiler came with a plumbing team recommended by a reputable bathroom showroom.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 161

Reply to Damp marks showing through tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen