• UK Tiling Forum for UK Tiling Advice, by Tilers Forums

Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum for UK Tiling Advice, whether wall tiling or floor tiling advice, by Tilers Forums. The collective uk tiling advice forum.

Discuss Cutting Tile Trim | 3 Way Mitre with Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

N

Nuddy

I've been doing the 3 way mitre for about 5yrs now, before that I used the preformed corner pieces from genisis. The reason for me changing my method was when I was called back to old customers to do more work in another room say 2-3 yrs later, when I noticed every mitre piece had changed colour to the trim. This was on every old job where they had been used that I went back to. Basically they looked a different colour,mainly white, soft cream and beige all genisis. fortunatly not one of my customers pointed it out, but I was still embarrassed so I was converted to 3 way mitre.
My tip for best longer laster mitres would be allways use trims from same batch, dont save offcuts for months and then use on another job with new trim, colours will differ with time if not initially..

www.newlandceramics.co.uk:thumbsup:

L

Lizlen

Thankyou so much for this, I did manage to do it using your instructions, probably not as good as experienced people but it's my first try: Cutting Tile Trim | 3 Way Mitre with Pictures | TilersForums.com Filename: {userid}

J

johnryan

nice post, very helpful. down to the shed in the morning to practice a few.
i get the feeling i should've known how to do that already though. much better than
my previous solutions.

J

jay

thanks Scottley there the ones we use for floors not norm walls but if that what the customer wants so be it yes you can bend it but not real good around the top edge external corners (was what i was thinking)
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jwatson

a good 3 way mitre looks alot better and shows everyone who see's them that a professional did the job an takes pride in his/her work

G

Gazzer

Spot on Dave, although the corner pieces have come on over the years and the Genesis corners are fantastic. The old style corners ( the L shaped things) could look cumbersome.

D

DHTiling

Spot on Dave, although the corner pieces have come on over the years and the Genesis corners are fantastic. The old style corners ( the L shaped things) could look cumbersome.

I will not use them either..LOL..

When i mitre i just do a single under butt and top 2 way mitre looks neater than these pointy 3 way ones IMO but thumbnails are what i use now..

Reply to Cutting Tile Trim | 3 Way Mitre with Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Latest Post

New Tiling Questions